All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive behavioural therapy has proven to be an effective treatment for anxiety disorders in children and young people. This book provides an overview of CBT and explores how it can be used to help children with anxiety disorders. In Anxiety: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Children and Young People Paul Stallard describes the nature and extent of anxiety problems that are suffered in childhood and discusses evidence for the effectiveness of the cognitive behavioural model as a method of treatment. This concise and accessible book, written specifically for the clinician, provides a clear outline of how CBT can be used with children suffering from anxiety disorders in an easy to follow format. The book provides many ideas that can be incorporated into everyday practice, as well as clinical vignettes, case examples, and worksheets for use with the client. This straightforward text will prove essential reading for professionals involved with children who have significant anxiety problems including mental health workers, social services staff and those working in educational settings. The final chapter of this book contains worksheets that can be downloaded free of charge to purchasers of the print version. Please visit the website to find out more about this facility.
- Author BiographyPaul Stallard is Professor of Child and Family Mental Health at the University of Bath and Consultant Clinical Psychologist for Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust. He publishes widely in many professional journals and is involved in evaluating school based CBT programmes for anxiety and depression in the UK and abroad.
- Author(s)Paul Stallard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleCBT with Children, Adolescents and Families
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight433 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.