Anxiety and Depression in Children and Adolescents by Thomas J. Huberty (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough generally considered adult disorders, anxiety and depression are widespread among children and adolescents, affecting academic performance, social development, and long-term outcomes. They are also difficult to treat and, especially when they occur in tandem, tend to fly under the diagstic radar. Anxiety and Depression in Children and Adolescents offers a developmental psychology perspective for understanding and treating these complex disorders as they manifest in young people. Adding the school environment to well-kwn developmental contexts such as biology, genetics, social structures, and family, this significant volume provides a rich foundation for study and practice by analyzing the progression of pathology and the critical role of emotion regulation in anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, and in combination. Accurate diagstic techniques, appropriate intervention methods, and empirically sound prevention strategies are given accessible, clinically relevant coverage. Illustrative case examples and an appendix of forms and checklists help make the book especially useful. Featured in the text: Developmental psychopathology of anxiety, anxiety disorders, depression, and mood disorders. Differential diagsis of the anxiety and depressive disorders. Assessment measures for specific conditions. Age-appropriate interventions for anxiety and depression, including CBT and pharmacotherapy. Multitier school-based intervention and community programs. Building resilience through prevention. Anxiety and Depression in Children and Adolescents is an essential reference for practitioners, researchers, and graduate students in school and clinical child psychology, mental health and school counseling, family therapy, psychiatry, social work, and education.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Huberty is Professor of School Psychology at Indiana University. He received his Ph.D. in Educational (School) Psychology from the University of Missouri in 1980. His teaching and research interests are in anxiety and depression, developmental psychopathology, personality assessment, cognitive-behavioral interventions, mental health of children and youth, and special education and mental health law. Professional experiences include working as a psychologist in community mental health, developmental disabilities, pediatric psychology, public schools, and Head Start. He is a licensed psychologist in Indiana, is board certified in School Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of School Psychology. In addition, he has been an administrative law judge/independent hearing officer for more than 20 years for due process hearings under the auspices of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. In that role, he has presided over numerous due process hearings and has issued many legally-binding decisions regarding students with special needs.
- Author(s)Thomas J. Huberty
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight902 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.