All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to my book about anxiety and its close cousin, despair. Over the years, I have found ways of tackling these painful experiences and to help myself by seeing them from a variety of different perspectives. These include ideas from cosmology, evolution, biology, neuroscience, sociology, philosophy and history. These subjects help you to see your life in a much wider context which puts all emotional difficulties into its true perspective. My view is that that the traditional way of trying to overcome anxiety and despair has questionable merit for most people. Psychotherapy and drugs have their place in cases of severe mental illness but t for the average sufferer of anxiety whose life might be severely limited but t dysfunctional or deluded. Becoming a 'patient' for such people only adds to a feeling of helplessness and doesn't offer any new insights that might make all the difference. If you are an intelligent, thinking person but are hampered by feelings of anxiety or despair, this book is sure to help you.
- Author BiographyTony is a science graduate, musician and a qualified teacher. He has suffered from anxiety for all of his life. Learning about the world has helped him learn about himself and has led him to new strategies for reducing anxiety and despair without treatment.
- Author(s)Tony Tallis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.