All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDisorders of anxiety and substance use are, for some reason, rarely treated in an integrated fashion by professionals. This timely volume addresses this glaring omission with dispatches from the frontlines of research and treatment. Thirty-four international experts offer findings, theories, and intervention strategies for this common form of dual disorder, across a range of substances and of anxiety disorders, to give the reader comprehensive kwledge in a practical format.
- Author BiographySherry H. Stewart, Ph.D., is a professor of psychology at Dalhousie University and is an Associate Editor of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy journal. Since receiving her doctorate from McGill University in 1993, she has published many articles and taken part in numerous scientific presentations on the subjects of anxiety and addictive behaviors (particularly alcoholism and gambling). She is currently conducting research on the co-morbidity of gambling and alcohol use disorders, funded by a grant from the Nova Scotia Gaming Foundation. Patricia J. Conrod, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and Clinical Lecturer at the National Addiction Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London. She was previously Assistant Professor at the University of British Columbia and at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Her research focuses on cognitive, personality and biological risk factors for alcohol and drug misuse and the factors that mediate the co-occurrence of addictive behaviors with other mental disorders. Her experimental research focuses on factors that make people more susceptible to seek out behavioral reinforcement from drugs of abuse. She has published several studies demonstrating that personality factors determine the type of reinforcement experienced from substances of abuse. More recently, her research findings have led to the development of new approaches to substance abuse treatment and prevention that target personality risk factors for substance misuse.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/11/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSeries in Anxiety and Related Disorders
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPatricia J. Conrod,Sherry H. Stewart
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.