All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the years of 1914-1918 over 330,000 Australians served their country in a war far from their homeland, more than 60,000 of them die. Five of these Australians were brothers; three of them were destined to never return to the home they loved. The Great War brought ermous sorrow to families all over the world. In Australia there were few who escaped the fear, r the tragedy. This is the story of the Marlow brothers. This powerful children's book brings their story to life for future generations. It is a tragic tale of mateship, bravery and sacrifice; a heartbreaking account of a family torn apart by a devastating war. It is a pledge to never forget. Based on the original title Anzac Sons (9781922132796), this important children's book compiled by the granddaughter of a surviving brother tells the true story of brothers' service, the impact on the family and community and weaves through the facts and history of the Great War and battles. Combining beautiful prose and imagery including photographs, maps, letters and facts, the book will reach children of a variety of ages. Children, teachers and parents can read the letters her ancestors wrote from the trenches, walk in their footsteps and remember all those who have served throughout the generations to defend our freedom and our way of life. ANZAC Sons (the children's edition) truly is a remarkable and inspirational book that will transport younger readers from all ages into the hearts and minds of five brothers who served their country and, together with their fellow comrades, inspired a nation.
- Author BiographyAllison Marlow Paterson is a teacher/librarian. She decided to write Anzac Sons to honour her family after the collection of over 500 letters came close to being destroyed, but through fate were recovered. She began researching and transcribing the letters 12 years ago and after visiting the Western Front in 2011 was finally able to complete this moving and historically important book
- Author(s)Allison Marlow Paterson
- PublisherBig Sky Publishing
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNewport, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBig Sky Publishing
- Width230 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edition StatementChildren's e.
Most relevant reviews
- baladjay13 Oct, 2016by
This is a book for all ages. It is set out in scrapbook style and makes for quick easy reading in this time poor society. It is a tragic tale that needs to be told.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $14.89
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.