All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an accessible step-by-step tutorial that introduces readers to the world of OFBiz through practical examples and clear explanations. It will guide you through the framework, teach you to tweak OFBiz and master widgets, entities, and permissions, and give you the kwledge to customize your own bespoke applications. This book is for developers who want to build easily deployed and supported OFBiz applications. No previous kwledge of OFBiz is assumed, but readers should be comfortable in a Java development environment.
- Author BiographyJonathan Wong Jong Hann is an avid puzzle solver. He is constantly in search of new problems to take apart. He has dabbled in Rubik's Cubes, maze navigation algorithms, and various other logical and mechanical puzzles. He had taken apart OFBiz within a month for a client who wanted to evaluate it. Having mapped out the architectural structure of OFBiz, he also embarked on documenting the functional and ERP-specifi c aspects of OFBiz. Within the following six months, he had completed three small-scale projects with OFBiz. He is currently using OFBiz in almost every new project, leveraging OFBiz's advantage for rapid prototyping and development. He fi rst delved into Java some 10 years ago. He has since specialized in clean programming structures, design patterns, and parallel computing. Since then, he also picked up the hobby of reverse engineering various open source software to equip his employers and himself with new technologies. Jonathon has also worked for his employers and himself with new technologies. Jonathon has also worked for Rupert Howell, while developing Java applications for the UK's Offi ce for National Statistics, stumbled upon Open For Business and has been working with the framework ever since. Since early 2003, Rupert has been a consultant to some of the UK's largest OFBiz implementations and has helped some major retailers successfully migrate their entire ERP systems to OFBiz. Rupert holds a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a Director of Provolve Ltd, a company specializing in OFBiz-based solutions. For more information see the Provolve website at www.provolve.com.
- Author(s)Jonathon Wong,Rupert Howell
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight806 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.