All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Magazine of Photography and Ideas. As the United States navigates a political moment defined by the close of the Obama era and the rise of #BlackLivesMatter activism, Aperture magazine releases Vision & Justice, a special issue guest edited by Sarah Lewis, the distinguished author and art historian, addressing the role of photography in the African American experience. Vision & Justice includes a wide span of photographic projects by such luminaries as Lyle Ashton Harris, Annie Leibovitz, Sally Mann, Jamel Shabazz, Lorna Simpson, Carrie Mae Weems and Deborah Willis, as well as the brilliant voices of an emerging generation Devin Allen, Awol Erizku, LaToya Ruby Frazier, Deana Lawson and Hank Willis Thomas, among many others. These portfolios are complemented by essays from some of the most influential voices in American culture including contributions by celebrated writers, historians, and artists such as Vince Aletti, Teju Cole, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Margo Jefferson, Wynton Marsalis and Claudia Rankine. Vision and Justice features two covers. This issue comes with an image by Awol Erizku, Untitled (Forces of Nature #1), 2014.
- Author(s)Sarah Lewis
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight910 g
- Width234 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.