All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApocalypse Never is a frightening book to read but impossible to put down. In clear, accessible prose, Tad Daley unblinkingly lays out the case, point by point, for why we must ultimately rid the world of nuclear weapons or else suffer the inevitable consequences of the end of civilization as we kw it. It is compelling and accurate in its assessments and one of the absolute best out there. -Valerie Plame Wilson, former CIA official, and author of Fair Game: My Life as a Spy, My Betrayal by the White House Even many skeptics of nuclear disarmament would likely grok with the arguments made by Tad Daley in his well-written Apocalypse Never...He endeavors to demonstrate that nuclear disarmament is t science fiction ...shines a spotlight on hubris and nuclear weapons ...uncovers the toughest hurdle for disarmament ...and compels readers to work toward a world free of nuclear weapons. -Charles Ferguson, President, Federation of American Scientists, and author of Nuclear Energy: What Everyone Needs to Kw For those of us who think that freeing the planet from the specter of nuclear holocaust is the most important task before humankind, but also one that's nearly impossible to achieve, Tad Daley has drawn us a roadmap for the journey ahead. Mixing political sobriety with existential urgency and just plain damn good writing, Daley shows us the way. -Harold Meyerson, columnist, The Washington Post, and editor-at-large, The American Prospect TAD DALEY, J.D., Ph.D., has served as policy advisor for Congressman Dennis Kucinich and the late Senator Alan Cranston, as a visiting scholar at UCLA, and as a member of the International Policy Department at the RAND Corporation. Visit his websites: www.daleyplanet.org and www.apocalypsenever.org.
- Author BiographyTad Daley, J.D., Ph.D., directs the Project on Abolishing War at the Center for War/Peace Studies in New York. He previously served as a speechwriter for Congressman Dennis Kucinich and the late Senator Alan Cranston, as a visiting scholar at UCLA, and as a policy analyst at the RAND Corporation. Visit his websites: www.daleyplanet.org and www.apocalypsenever.org.
- Author(s)Tad Daley
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.