All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe apocalypse can bring upon the world either termination, either change. By exploring how emotions, ethnic or national belonging and digital techlogies work together in constructing an apocalypticizing national self, this book offers a complex analysis of far rightist apocalyptic narratives. Content analysis performed on the blog of the New Right, a far rightist organization from Romania, unveils a fascinating imaginary of fear and hate toward otherness, of strong beliefs that the world, our world, is ending through its transformation into something else - something that we kw and, at the same time, do t kw and loath. The social psychology of emotions, belonging and identity, the sociology of globalization and studies on cyberhate are intertwined into the exploration and interpretation of on-line apocalyptic narratives that imagine the Gypsification and Hungarization of Romania and the Islamization of Europe as irreversible change.
- Author BiographyAdela Fofiu holds a PhD in sociology from the Babes-Bolyai University (Romania). She is a founding member of the Romanian Society of Sociologists and is also active in the International Study of Religion in Eastern and Central Europe Association. The author has been a visiting researcher at the Research Institute for Cosmopolitan Cultures at the University of Manchester and continues to develop her research projects within the Institute for Global Studies at the Babes-Bolyai University.
- Author(s)Adela Fofiu
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/07/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 22: Soziologie/Series 22: Sociology/Serie 22: Sociologie
- Series Part/Volume Number451
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight250 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.