Apollo's Fire: Igniting America's Clean Energy Economy by Jay Inslee, Bracken Hendricks (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1961, President John F Kennedy ignited America's Apollo Project and sparked a revolution in space exploration. Today, the New Apollo Energy Project is poised to revolutionize the production of energy and thereby save our planet. The nation that built the world's most powerful rockets, its most advanced computers, and its most sophisticated life support systems is ready to create the world's most powerful solar energy systems, its most advanced wind energy turbines, and its most sophisticated hybrid cars. This will result in thing less than a second American Revolution.Who are the dreamers in California who believe they can use mirrors and liquid metal to wring more electricity from a ray of sunshine than anyone else on earth can? Who are the invators who have built a contraption that can turn the energy of a simple wave off the Oregon coast into burnt toast in Idaho? Who are the scientists in Massachusetts who have invented a battery that w runs your hand drill and will soon run your car? Readers will meet them all in this book. They will learn how the new energy ecomy will grow, the research that is required, and the legislation that must be passed to make the vision a reality.This is a thoughtful, optimistic book, based on sound facts. No one before has tied together the concepts of ecomic growth and greenhouse gas reductions with such concrete examples. No one has previously told the real stories of the people who are right w on the front lines of the energy revolution. The co-authors, one a US Congressman who is the primary sponsor of the New Apollo Energy Act, and the other the founder of the Apollo Alliance, have joined their experience, expertise, and passion for a clean energy future to lay out the path to stop global warming and gain energy independence.
- Author BiographyJay Inslee is a Representative in the United States House of Representatives, representing the First District of the State of Washington, in the Seattle area. He is a recognized leader in Congress on energy issues and is the prime sponsor of the New Apollo Energy Act, a comprehensive plan to build a clean energy economy in America. Congressman Inslee was elected in 1998 and serves on the Energy Subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. He was recently named by Nancy Pelosi to the new House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming.Bracken Hendricks is a senior fellow with the Center for American Progress and former executive director of the Apollo Alliance, an organization of environmental organizations, businesses, and labor organizations dedicated to building a new energy future for America. Mr. Hendricks formerly served as Special Assistant to the Office of Vice President Al Gore and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration where he worked on the Interagency Climate Change Working Group. He holds a Master s Degree in Public Policy and Urban Planning from Harvard s John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Author(s)Bracken Hendricks,Jay Inslee
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication19/10/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Note19 figures, notes, index
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword byBill Clinton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.