All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionApp Quality: Secrets for Agile App Teams gives agile and lean app teams an edge in building well-received apps, and accelerates them on the way to 5-stars. The book is written for app developers, testers and product managers. The book uses real world examples and data-driven techniques that any app team can apply to their designs, code, agile sprints, and product planning. App Quality gives your app team access to the best practices and hard-earned lessons from analyzing hundreds of millions of app store reviews, thousands of app testers testing hundreds of top apps, and conversations with top app teams. Included: Top 10 App Quality Monsters Top 10 Quality Attributes Tips for Developers, Testers, and Product Managers The book is aimed at both Agile and Lean app teams. The book is focused on analytics and practical, real-world examples of quality issues, and practical solutions to those quality issues. Whether the team is just starting to plan their next great app, or improving an existing one, following the recommendations and system outlined in this book will help get your app to 5 stars. App Quality walks through the Top 10 App Quality Monsters. These are the top sources of quality issues in today's modern apps: App Deployment and Distribution, Device State and Fragmentation, Users, Real World, Reviews, Metrics, Competition, Security and Privacy, User Interface, and Agile Mobile Teams themselves. Each quality monster is described in detail, with specific best practices and tips for Developers, Testers, and Product Managers. The book also describes the Top 10 Quality Attributes, learned from app store review analysis and app testing: Content, Elegance, Interoperability, Performance, Pricing, Privacy, Satisfaction, Security, Stability, and Usability. Each quality attribute is described in detail, with real world app examples, with specific best practices and tips Developers, Testers, and Product Managers and pointers to tools and services to improve app quality. Prepare for a deep dive on app store reviews. Deep analytics of what types of feedback people are leaving in the apps store reviews, by type, by frequency, per-category, etc. The book outlines ways to leverage this data to build a higher quality app, improve star ratings, and make users happier. Some myths about Agile for app teams are also debunked. Techniques for leveraging app store reviews for competitive analysis are also described in detail. App store reviews are critical to building a high quality app that is also perceived as high quality. Putting it all together, the book then walks through an example of applying all these great tips, best practices, and data, to a real-world app. See how an expert applies these techniques to a real world app, and see how it can easily apply to your app. See the impact on test planning, development practices, and product prioritization. Armed with the latest best practices, tips, and data-driven quality analysis, app teams can build solid apps with minimal effort and time. The secrets in App Quality gives agile and lean teams an edge in building well-received apps, and accelerate them on the way to 5-stars.
- Author BiographyJason Arbon has worked in development, test and product manager roles at a wide range of companies. He's currently Director of Product and Engineering at Applause.com (formerly uTest.com), focusing on mobile apps and analytics to quantify quality. Applause.com handles the crowd-sourced testing of hundreds of well-known applications from Google, to Twitter, Microsoft, Netflix, Fox and HBO, and many high profile mobile startups. Previously, Jason held test leadership and innovation roles at Google on projects such as personalized search on Google+, Chrome Browser, Chrome OS, Google Desktop, and Google Talk and lead the centralized test engineering team. Jason also worked on teams at Microsoft including Bing (Search Relevance, Live QnA, WinFS, BizTalk Server, MSN, Windows CE and Exchange Server. Along the way, He co-founded a small social search start up, and worked at several small and mid-size companies. He also co-authored the book 'How Google Tests Software'. Jason's weekends are spent working on his mobile app project to distribute the right content to the right person, at the right place and time @ http: //www.herecandy.com. He's received degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering from the University of Utah.
- Author(s)MR Jason Joseph Arbon
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.