Apparel Quality: A Guide to Evaluating Sewn Products by Janace E. Bubonia (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $226.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $178.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis user-friendly guide to evaluating apparel quality presents the roles of product designers, manufacturers, merchandisers, testing laboratories, and retailers from product inception through the sale of goods, to ensure quality products that meet customer expectations. Bubonia provides an overview of apparel production, with emphasis on quality characteristics and cues, consumer influences and motivations impacting purchasing decisions, and the relationship of apparel manufacturing and production processes, cost, price point and the quality level of an apparel product. A key aspect of the book is the focus on both U.S. and International standards and regulations required for apparel analysis, performance, labeling requirements and safety regulations. The text is highly illustrated with images of stitch and seam types plus photos of their uses in actual garments, providing students with the tools needed to skillfully evaluate and critique quality elements in apparel and textile products. Key Features ~ Supplementary Apparel Quality Lab Manual (sold separately) includes hands-on lab activities and projects that simulate real-world garment analysis and material testing ~ Industry Scenario boxes present case studies highlight real world situations such as the Lululemon recall and the environmental impact of apparel manufacturing ~ Provides an illustrated guide to ASTM stitch and seam types Teaching Resources ~ Instructor's Guide with Test Bank ~ PowerPoint presentations for each chapter PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does t include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501395338. STUDIO Instant Access can also be purchased or rented separately on BloomsburyFashionCentral.com.
- Author BiographyJanace E. Bubonia is a Professor and Chair of the Department of Design, Merchandising and Textiles at Texas Christian University, USA. She has taught classes in design and product development, fashion illustration, fashion show production, promotion, and textile testing among others. She is the author of Apparel Production Terms and Processes, 2nd Edition (Fairchild Books, 2011).
- Author(s)Janace E. Bubonia
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFairchild Books
- Out-of-print date30/06/2016
- Content Note365 color illus
- Weight1383 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.