All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionIreland's Great Hunger Museum at Quinnipiac University publishes Famine Folios, a unique resource for students, scholars and researchers, as well as general readers, covering many aspects of the Famine in Ireland from 1845 - 1852 - the worst demographic catastrophe of nineteenth-century Europe. The essays are interdisciplinary in nature, and make available new research in Famine studies by internationally established scholars in history, art history, cultural theory, philosophy, media history, political ecomy, literature and music. This publications initiative is devised to augment the Museum experience, and is part of the Museum's commitment to making its collection accessible to audiences of all ages and levels of educational interest. The booklets are produced to the highest level, beautifully illustrated with works from the Museum and related collections. It ensures that audiences have access to the latest scholarship as it pertains to both the historical and contemporary dimensions of the collection. Christine Kinealy provides a chrology of the Famine and examines the causes and consequences of this tragedy, and asks how could a famine of this magnitude occur at the centre of the British Empire? Why did Ireland starve?
- Author BiographyChristine Kinealy writes on modern Ireland, with a focus on the Great Hunger and is the founding Director of Ireland's Great Hunger Institute at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Christine Kinealy
- PublisherQuinnipiac University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationHamden
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuinnipiac University Press
- Weight227 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.