Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNigel Slater's inspirational guide to home cooking. 'I want you to take in the spirit of the recipes and to deviate according to your ingredients and your feelings. I urge you to break the rules. I want you to follow your appetite.' Inspiring and irresistible, 'Appetite' takes a hundred simple classics and casts aside the insecurities of rmal recipes. Ingredients are listed, followed by a suggestion of how much you might need, i.e. 'double cream - start with 100 ml then see how you go'. Readers will be liberated to use their own judgement, indeed actively encouraged to skip half the ingredients for pared-down versions that will teach them the essence of a dish. Recipe titles reflect this approach - 'a cheap spaghetti supper', 'a big pork roast', 'a curry to make you sweat'. Slater's typically unpretentious style and ready wit put the fun back into food.
- Author BiographyNigel Slater is the author of a collection of bestselling books and presenter of BBC 1's Simple Cooking and Dish of the Day. He has been food columnist for The Observer for twenty years. His books include the classics Appetite and The Kitchen Diaries, the critically acclaimed two-volume Tender, and most recently a second volume of The Kitchen Diaries. His award winning memoir Toast - the Story of a Boy's Hunger won six major awards and is now a BBC film starring Helena Bonham Carter and Freddie Highmore. His writing has won the National Book Awards, the Glenfiddich Trophy, the Andre Simon Memorial Prize and the British Biography of the Year. He was the winner of a Guild of Food Writers' Award for his BBC 1 series Simple Suppers.
- Author(s)Nigel Slater
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Content Note(250 colour integ.)
- Weight1390 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.