AppleScript Studio: Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Jerry Lee Ford (Mixed media product, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on teaching the reader how to program using AppleScript, the language that controls and automates applications on Mac OS X. Unlike other books on AppleScript, AppleScript Studio Programming for the Absolute Beginner focuses on AppleScript's role in supporting the development of AppleScript Studio applications. AppleScript Studio comes free with Mac OS X and provides the framework and integrated development environment for creating applications that include fully functional graphical user interfaces. Throughout the book, users will learn the key functionality of both the AppleScript language and the AppleScript Studio application development framework by developing graphical game-based applications that are actually fun to create. Topics covered include values, variables, classes, conditional logic, loop building, strings, lists, records, handlers, and much more. Although intended for readers new to programming, there is also additional coverage of more advanced topics; users will learn to work with drives, files and folders, how to control applications, and how to debug programs and handle errors. The companion CD-ROM includes all of the source code from the book.
- Author BiographyJerry Lee Ford, Jr. is an author, educator, and an IT professional with over 21 years of experience in information technology, including roles as an automation analyst, technical manager, technical support analyst, automation engineer, and security analyst. He is the author of 36 books and co-author of two additional books. His published works include Ajax Programming for the Absolute Beginner; HTML, XHTML, and CSS for the Absolute Beginner; XNA 3.1 Game Development for Teens; Scratch Programming for Teens; and Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Programming for the Absolute Beginner. Ford has a master's degree in business administration from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, and has over five years of experience as an adjunct instructor teaching networking courses in information technology.
- Author(s)Jerry Lee Ford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication26/11/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCourse Technology Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight749 g
- Width187 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.