All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApples from Shinar was Hyam Plutzik's second complete collection. Originally published in 1959 as a part of Wesleyan University Press's newly minted poetry series, the collection includes The Shepherd a section of the book-length poem Horatio, which earned Plutzik a finalist position for the Pulitzer Prize. The love and the words and the simplicity, that mark Plutzik's poetry, writes Philip Booth, are all here [in Apples from Shinar], and the poems come peacefully, and wonderfully, alive. With a previously unpublished foreword by Hyam Plutzik and a new afterword by David Scott Kastan, this edition marks the centenary of Plutzik's birth and will introduce a new generation of readers to the work of one of the best mid-century American poets.
- Author BiographyHYAM PLUTZIK (1911 1962) was the Deane Professor of Rhetoric and Poetry at the University of Rochester. The author of six volumes of poetry, he was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 1961. DAVID SCOTT KASTAN is the George M. Bodman Professor of English at Yale University and one of the most widely read of American literary scholars.
- Author(s)Hyam Plutzik
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.