Application Development Using Visual Basic and .Net by Peter Thorsteinson, Dana L. Wyatt, Robert J. Oberg (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives experienced programmers the practical insight they need to build enterprise applications for Microsoft's .NET platform using Visual Basic. Using a running case study and extensive code examples, the authors illuminate essential .NET concepts, and introduce powerful new .NET techlogies such as ADO.NET and ASP.NET. The book begins with a self-contained review of basic Visual Basic.NET syntax and technique; then rapidly moves on to in-depth coverage of VB.NET development with the .NET Framework. The authors begin their case study by developing a simple .NET console application, then add a Windows Forms interface, isolate functionality within components, provide database access via ADO.NET, secure the code, and finally, make its functionality accessible as a Web Service via ASP.NET. Along the way, they introduce each of .NET's most powerful features for developers, including interfaces, attributes, collections, file I/O and streams, debugging classes, threading, appdomains, context, remoting, security, component deployment and versioning, assemblies, the global assembly cache, and interoperability. All books in the Integrated .N ET Series by Object Invations and Prentice Hall PTR teach in a systematic, step-by-step manner, using rich examples and a shared case study that explains how .NET's features interact in the context of a real application. The books integrate perfectly: developers who want an even stronger understanding of the basics of Visual Basic can find it in the companion introductory title, Introduction to Visual Basic Using .NET.
- Author BiographyDR. ROBERT J. OBERG is founder and President of Object Innovations, a leading developer of integrated courseware on .NET and other strategic software. He is editor of The Integrated .NET Series from Object Innovations and Prentice Hall PTR. Oberg's recent books include Introduction to C# Using .NET and (with Michael Stiefel) Application Development Using C# and .NET (both published by Prentice Hall PTR). PETER THORSTEINSON is a systems analyst who has been programming and teaching developers for over a decade. He specializes in .NET, C#, C++, COM, and Java and is coauthor of .NET Architecture and Programming Using Visual C++ (Prentice Hall PTR). DR. DANA L. WYATT formed EMCA Consulting in 1993 to deliver advanced object-oriented training, mentoring, and consulting services. She specializes in VB, C++, and COM/DCOM. Wyatt is also coauthor of Introduction to Visual Basic Using .NET (Prentice Hall PTR).
- Author(s)Dana L. Wyatt,Peter Thorsteinson,Robert J. Oberg
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication24/06/2002
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleOberg .NET
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1343 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine56 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.