All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents applications of hypercomplex analysis to boundary value and initial-boundary value problems from various areas of mathematical physics. Given that quaternion and Clifford analysis offer natural and intelligent ways to enter into higher dimensions, it starts with quaternion and Clifford versions of complex function theory including series expansions with Appell polymials, as well as Taylor and Laurent series. Several necessary function spaces are introduced, and an operator calculus based on modifications of the Dirac, Cauchy-Fueter, and Teodorescu operators and different decompositions of quaternion Hilbert spaces are proved. Finally, hypercomplex Fourier transforms are studied in detail. All this is then applied to first-order partial differential equations such as the Maxwell equations, the Carleman-Bers-Vekua system, the Schrodinger equation, and the Beltrami equation. The higher-order equations start with Riccati-type equations. Further topics include spatial fluid flow problems, image and multi-channel processing, image diffusion, linear scale invariant filtering, and others. One of the highlights is the derivation of the three-dimensional Kolosov-Mushkelishvili formulas in linear elasticity. Throughout the book the authors endeavor to present historical references and important personalities. The book is intended for a wide audience in the mathematical and engineering sciences and is accessible to readers with a basic grasp of real, complex, and functional analysis.
- Author BiographyKlaus Gurlebeck, born 1954, Dr. rer. nat. 1984 Technische Hochschule Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz), Habilitation 1988 TU Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz), since 1999 Full Prof. Bauhaus-Universitat Weimar; co-editor of several international mathematical journals; interested in quaternionic analysis, discrete function theories and applications to partial differential equations. Klaus Habetha, born 1932, Dr. rer. nat. 1959 Freie Universitat Berlin, Habilitation 1962 Technische Universitat Berlin, Prof. Technische Universitat Berlin, Full Prof. Universitat Dortmund and since 1975 RWTH Aachen, here Rector 1987 - 1997, vice-president of German Rectors Conference; co-editor of the journal Complex Variables and elliptic equations until 2007; interested in function theory for partial differential equation. Wolfgang Sprossig, born 1946 , Dr. rer. nat. 1974 Technische Hochschule Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz) Habilitation 1979 TU Chemnitz, Ass. Prof. TU Chemnitz, since 1986 Full Prof. TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Head of the Institute of Applied Analysis 1993 -2012. Since 1998 Editor-in-Chief of the journal Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, co-editor of several international mathematical journals, interested in hypercomplex analysis and its applications.
- Author(s)Klaus Gurlebeck,Klaus Habetha,Wolfgang Sprossig
- PublisherBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 5 colour tables, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.