All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps graduate students and seasoned researchers strengthen their own case study research and become more critical consumers of the case study research done by others. It presents a collection of 21 individual applications of the case study method, many shortened or re-written for this book. Following feedback from users of earlier editions of the book, the applications include a wide array of single-case studies, providing useful examples for solo researchers. New to This Edition: - Expanded from 10 to 15 chapters, and from 16 to 21 case study applications, the book provides many more examples of the case study method - Contains six entirely new chapters, all emphasizing single-case and simpler applications, and including an introductory chapter which serves as a refresher on the case study method - Provides a new feature called inside stories, which are linked to suggested classroom exercises - Includes an expanded section of the book on case study evaluations, including an new chapter on the principles of case study evaluations along with a specific and new application.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Yin is President of COSMOS Corporation, an applied research and social science firm. Over the years, COSMOS has successfully completed hundreds of projects for federal agencies, state and local agencies, and private foundations, and most of this book's applications come from these projects. Outside of COSMOS, Dr. Yin has assisted numerous other research groups, helping to train their field teams or to design research studies. A recent engagement has been with the United Nations Development Programme, and another assignment has been to provide guidance to assist doctoral students at the University of Copenhagen. Currently, Dr. Yin holds the position of distinguished scholar-in-residence at American University's School of International Service (Washington, DC). Earlier, he served as Visiting Scholar at the U.S. Government Accountability Office's research methodology division. Dr. Yin has authored nearly 100 journal articles and books. His first book on the case study method, Case Study Research: Design and Methods (2014) is in its fifth edition. He has edited two case study anthologies (Yin, 2004; and 2005) and has most recently authored a new text on qualitative research methods (Yin, 2011). Dr. Yin received his B.A. in history from Harvard College (magna cum laude) and his Ph.D. in brain and cognitive sciences from M.I.T.
- Author(s)Dr. Robert K. Yin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/08/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleApplied Social Research Methods
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 34
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.