Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionCell immobilisation biotechlogy is a multidisciplinary area, shown to have an important impact on many scientific subdisciplines -- including biomedicine, pharmacology, cosmetology, food and agricultural sciences, beverage production, industrial waste treatment, analytical applications, biologics production. Cell Immobilisation Biotechlogy is an outcome of the editors' intention to collate the extensive and widespread information on fundamental aspects and applications of immobilisation/encapsulation biotechlogy into a comprehensive reference work and to provide an overview of the most recent results and developments in this domain. Cell Immobilisation Biotechlogy is divided into the two book volumes, FOBI 8A and FOBI 8B. The FOBI 8A volume, Fundamentals of Cell Immobilisation Biotechlogy, is dedicated to fundamental aspects of cell immobilisation while the FOBI 8B volume, Applications of Cell Immobilisation Biotechlogy, deals with diverse applications of this techlogy. This volume consists of 33 chapters that are arranged into 5 parts: Tissue engineering, Microencapsulation for disease treatment, Food and beverage applications, Industrial biochemical production, Environmental and agricultural applications. Audience: This book is intended to cover the needs and to be the essential resource for both academic and industrial communities interested in cell immobilisation biotechlogy. An integrated approach to biological and engineering/techlogy aspects is pursued to reach an even wider audience such as specialists in biomedicine, pharmacy, microbiology, biology, food techlogy, agriculture, environmental protection, chemical, biochemical and tissue engineering who seek a broad view on cell immobilisation/encapsulation applications. Reviews: Selected experts in different fields have contributed to this volume. A large number of references are presented at the end of each chapter providing by this way an additional source of information. By its structure, this book is very useful to get a complete overview on various aspects of cell immibilisation/encapsulation applications. It is well adapted for beginners or confirmed scientists in cell immobilisation techlogy. A. Durieux and A. Van Landschoot in Cerevisia vol. 31, NI-2006.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleFocus on Biotechnology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8B
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1078 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRonnie G. Willaert,Viktor Nedovic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.