Applications of Electrochemistry and Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine II by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $168.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $75.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of electrochemical natechlogy has emerged as researchers apply electrochemistry to nascience and natechlogy. These two related volumes in the Modern Aspects of Electrochemistry Series review recent developments and breakthroughs in the specific application of electrochemistry and natechlogy to biology and medicine. Internationally rewned experts contribute chapters that address both fundamental and practical aspects of several key emerging techlogies in biomedicine, such as the processing of new biomaterials, biofunctionalization of surfaces, characterization of biomaterials, discovery of vel phemena and biological processes occurring at the molecular level.
- Author BiographyNoam Eliaz is an Associate Professor at Tel-Aviv University, Israel, where he serves as the Head of The Biomaterials and Corrosion Laboratory and as the first Head of the multi-faculty Materials and Nanotechnologies Program. He also serves as a Chief Editor of the journal Corrosion Reviews (jointly with Ron Latanision). He received his B.Sc. and Ph.D. (direct track) in Materials Engineering, both cum laude, from Ben-Gurion University. After completing his doctorate, he became the first ever materials scientist to receive, simultaneously, a Fulbright postdoctoral award and a Rothschild postdoctoral fellowship. He then worked for two years in the H.H. Uhlig Corrosion Laboratory at M.I.T. To-date, he has contributed nearly 200 journal and conference publications, including 27 invited talks, as well as 4 book chapters. He is currently editing a book on Degradation of Implant Materials, to be published by Springer during 2011. He has garnered numerous accolades, including the T.P. Hoar Award for the best paper published in Corrosion Science during 2001, and the 2010 Herbert H. Uhlig Award granted by NACE International. His main research interests include corrosion, electrodeposition, biomaterials and bio-ferrography. His main research interests include corrosion, electrodeposition, biomaterials and bio-ferrography.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- Series TitleModern Aspects of Electrochemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number53
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight492 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byNoam Eliaz
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.