All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople are increasingly becoming interested in game theory because it provides a way of elucidating the logical difficulty of a phemen and substantiates various alternative courses of decisions and actions. The application of the field is more intensely felt in a multi-player setting with between and within group interactions coupled with levels of information possession, inferences and usage.
Contributed by experts from across the globe, the select papers in this compendium deal with applications of game theory in the context of R&D strategies of firms, investments in invative projects, two-person stochastic games where each state has a skew symmetric payoff matrix, study of voting as a decision procedure by committees in firms, game theory application in wireless communication problems and in the context of an interacting colony of bacteria. This handy volume encompasses advanced research in the field of game theory with vel application domains.
- Author BiographyRam Kumar Mishra, Director, Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad, is a graduate from the International Management Programme, SDA Bocconi, Milan, Italy, and a fellow of the British Council and the Commonwealth Secretariat. His current areas of interest include: performance management, corporate finance, corporate governance, restructuring, economic reforms, social sector management and good governance.
Shaheen is Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Information Technology, IPE. Her research activities currently include the study of problems using statistical process control (SPC) techniques for monitoring software reliability apart the study on 'The Study of Socioeconomic Conditions of Minorities in India' undertaken as a major sponsored research project.
Jayasree Raveendran, doctorate in the field of behavioural finance from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, serves as Assistant Professor and the coordinator of the research division at IPE. Her research interests include studying behavioural dynamics of people in the settings of investments, purchase behaviour and social psychology.
Suresh Deman is a specialist on mergers and acquisitions and regulations, corporate governance, financial modelling and other areas of real estate and finance, and economics. His PhD has been in the area of game theoretic methods and applications to takeovers. He has published a number of papers in refereed journals using interdisciplinary approach.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content Notefigures
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJayasree Raveendran,Ram Kumar Mishra,Suresh Deman
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.