All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern Biotechlogy has potential for solving many problems associated with animal productivity and health and offers exciting opportunities for enhancing agricultural productivity. At present the focus is, however, on the issues and problems of significance for livestock producers in the developed world. In order to fully realize the benefits of this techlogy in developing countries, there is a need to identify, characterize and apply appropriate gene-based techlogies for these regions. These proceedings present peer reviewed state-of-the-art papers describing the achievements in the areas of animal breeding and genetics, animal nutrition, animal health, and environment, ethics, safety, and regulatory aspects of gene-based techlogies; achievements which could be realized using these modern scientific tools to maximise the benefits from the 'livestock revolution' that is taking place; and the constraints in the use of gene-based techlogies and their specific research needs. This book will help in bridging the wide gap between developed and developing countries, in the development and use of gene-based techlogies, and to elucidate the current and future roles of such techlogies in the developing world. It is a good reference source for researchers, students and policy-makers alike.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/08/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1309 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byGerrit J. Viljoen,Harinder P.S. Makkar
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.