Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionConferences have been held in the past on atomic collision phemena and on the applications of ion beams to semiconductors. However, within the past year it became apparent that there is a growing new area of active research involving the use of ion beams to modify and study the basic properties of metals. As a result a topical conference was organized to bring together for the first time scientists with a wide range of backgrounds and interests related to this field. This book contains the proceed ings of the International Conference on Applications of Ion Beams to Metals which was held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, October 2-4, 1973. Much of the work presented herein represents ideas and concepts which have had little or previous exposure in the open literature. The application of ion beams to superconducting prop erties for example is quite new, as is the chapter on ion induced surface reactions, which includes primarily oxidation and corrosion studies of implanted materials. These areas, as well as the chapter on implantation alloy formation, indicate important future areas of the application of ion beams to metals. A reading of the chapters on superconductivity and on oxida tion and corrosion can serve to bring one up to date on nearly all the existing information in these areas of the ion beam mod ification of metals. A broad perspective of the oxidation area is given in the invited paper by G. Dearnaley.
- Date of Publication02/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1234 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byS Picraux
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.