All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionNatural polymers, such as proteins, starch, cellulose, hevea rubber, and gum which have been available for centuries, have been applied as materials for food, leather, sizings, fibers, structures, waterproofing, and coatings. During the past century, the use of both natural and syn thetic polymers has been expanded to include more intricate applications, such as membranes, foams, medicinals, conductors, insulators, fibers, films, packaging and applications requiring high modulus at elevated temperatures. The topics in this symposium which are summarized in this book are illustrative of some of the myriad applications of these ubiquitous mater ials. As stated in forecast in the last chapter in this book, it is cer tain that revolutionary applications of polymers will occur during the next decades. Hopefully, information presented in other chapters in this book will catalyze some of these anticipated applications. It is appropriate that these reports were presented at an American Chemical Society Polymer Science and Engineering Division Award Symposium horing Dr. O.A. Battista who has gratifying to te that Phillips Pet roleum Company, which has paved the way in applications of many new poly mers, is the sponsor of this important award. We are all cheerfully expressing our thanks to this corporate spon sor and to Distinguished Professor Raymond B. Seymour of the University of Southern Mississippi who served as the organizer of this symposium and editor of this important book.
- Date of Publication21/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight304 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byRaymond Seymour
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.