All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionApplied Dermatotoxicology: Clinical Aspects provides concise, systematic, and state-of-the-art information on the toxicological effects of substances on skin, and recent advances in dermal toxicity testing. This book specifically addresses the clinical presentations borne out of exposure to a variety of chemicals. It begins with an overview of skin biology to provide toxicologists with a basic understanding of its anatomy and physiology. Next it presents a variety of dermatotoxicological effects, as well at the toxic agents that cause them, with color photographs to illustrate these effects. Applied Dermatotoxicology: Clinical Aspects is an essential reference for toxicologists in industry, and for those medical professionals who encounter cases of dermal exposure to toxic agents.
- Author BiographyDr. Howard Maibach is an expert in contact and occupational dermatitis and sees patient at the Environmental Dermatosis Clinic, which is part of the Dermatology Clinic. His specialty is dermatotoxicology, or skin exposure toxicity; allergies and skin disorders; and dermatopharmacology or the study of medications for skin disorders. Maibach has been on the editorial board of more than 30 scientific journals and is a member of 19 professional societies including the American Academy of Dermatology, San Francisco Dermatological Society and the Internal Commission on Occupation Health. He is a professor in the Department of Dermatology at UCSF. To make an appointment with Maibach, patients need a referral from a primary care doctor or dermatologist. Dr. Howard Maibach has written and lectured extensively on dermatotoxicology (the toxicity to man from skin exposure) and dermatopharmacology (the treatment of skin diseases). His current research programs include defining the chemical-biologic faces of irritant dermatitis and the study of percutaneous penetration. When Dr. Maibach is not in the lab conducting research or in the classroom teaching, he is seeing patients at the Environmental Dermatoses Clinic (of the Dermatology Clinic), mostly providing second opinions on allergic contact dermatitis. Dr. Maibach has been on the editorial boards of over 30 scientific journals and is a member of 19 professional societies including the American Academy of Dermatology, San Francisco Dermatological Society, and the International Commission on Occupational Health. Golara Honari, MD, FAAD, Consultant Dermatologist, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, US Dr. Golara Honari is an up-and-coming researcher in the field of Dermatatoxicology, specializing in contact dermatitis. Additionally, Dr. Honari is an author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, and international presentations.
- Author(s)Golara Honari,Howard I. Maibach
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.