All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionUsed to clean the borehole, stabilize rock, control pressures, or enhance drilling rates, drilling fluids and their circulation systems are used in all phases of a drilling operation. These systems are highly dynamic and complicated to model until w. Written by an author with over 25 years of experience, Applied Drilling Circulation Systems: Hydraulics, Calculations and Models provide users with the necessary analytical/numerical models to handle problems associated with the design and optimization of cost-effective drilling circulation systems. The only book which combines system modeling, design, and equipment, Applied Drilling Circulation Systems: Hydraulics, Calculations and Models provides a clear and rigorous exposition of traditional and n-traditional circulation systems and equipment followed by self contained chapters concerning system modelling applications. Theories are illustrated by case studies based on the author's real life experience. The book is accompanied by a website which permits readers to construct, validate, and run models employing Newtonian fluids, Bingham Plastic fluids, Power Law fluids, and aerated fluids principles. This combination book and website arrangement will prove particularly useful to drilling and production engineers who need to plan operations including pipe-tripping, running-in casing, and cementing. This title includes: in-depth coverage of both on- and offshore drilling hydraulics; methods for optimizing both on- and offshore drilling hydraulics; and,problems and solutions based on years of experience.
- Author BiographyDr. Boyun Guo is well known for his contributions to the energy industry in multiphase flow in pipe systems and horizontal well engineering. He is currently a Professor at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the petroleum engineering department and Director of the Center for Optimization of Petroleum Systems (COPS). He has over 25 years of work experience in the oil and gas industry and academia and has worked for New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology and Daqing Petroleum Administrative Bureau. He holds a BS degree in engineering from Daqing Petroleum Institute of China, MS degree in petroleum engineering from Montana College of Mineral Science and Technology, and a PhD in petroleum engineering from New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. Boyun has authored multiple papers, served on many association committees, and published 10 books of which 9 of those reside with Elsevier.
- Author(s)Boyun Guo,Gefei Liu
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.