All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhat constitutes 'informed consent'? What can I do if the patient lacks the capacity to make decisions? How should I respond to a patient who requests my help in dying? What is the rationale for giving a patient medication (chemical restraints) against his or her will? What exactly are 'patient's rights' and how do you advocate for your patients? Applied Ethics in Nursing provides an easily understandable guide to the kind of ethical dilemmas you face in practice. Using a question-and-answer format along with numerous case studies, this text offers best practices and strategies for approaching the difficult problems commonly found in clinical practice. This book also addresses organizational and institutional issues that can confound or promote ethically sound decision making. Each chapter ends with a resource list of websites and recommendations for further reading. The American Nurses' Association Code of Ethics for Nurses is used as a guide throughout, along with standards and guidelines from other major healthcare and governmental organizations.
- Author BiographyVicki D. Lachman, PhD, MBE, APRN is a Clinical Associate Professor in the College of Nursing and Health Professions at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. In her role at the university, she primarily teaches ethics to masters and doctoral nursing students and acts as the track coordinator for the Innovation and Intra/Entrepreneurship in Advanced Nursing Practice MSN. Dr. Lachman is a frequent presenter on ethical topics at national conferences. She writes the quarterly Ethics, Law and Policy column for MEDSURG Nursing: The Journal of Adult Health. She serves on two ethics committees and often advises executives on organizational ethics and front-line staff on end-of-life ethical issues. Her book, Applied Ethics in Nursing, was published by Springer Publishing in November 2005.
- Author(s)Vicki D. Lachman
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight439 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.