All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe central theme of this book is focused on the analyses and the results which emerged from the international research project BRAHMATWINN sponsored by European Commission (EC) and conducted during 2006 - 2009. The book highlights the achievements of BRAHMATWINN to carry out a harmonised integrated water resources management (IWRM) approach as addressed by the European Water Initiative (EWI) in headwater river systems of alpine mountain massifs. The latter are already impacted from climate change, and the BRAHMATWINN project established transfer of professional IWRM expertise, approaches and tools based on case studies carried out in twinning European and Asian river basins. The project addresses all important IWRM issues in a balanced way, including conflict resolution in the trans- boundary Danube and Brahmaputra River Basins in Europe and South Asia respectively. This book will be useful to researchers, professionals, managers and decision makers associated with study and application of sustainable integrated land and water resources management (ILWRM) in the backdrop of climate change.
- Author BiographyProf Dr. Wolfgang-Albert Flugel is Chair of the Dept. of Geoinformatics, Hydrology and Modelling (DGHM) at the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Germany. Earlier he was an Assistant Professor at the University of Heidelberg (1978-1984), Senior Specialist Scientist at the Hydrological Research Institute (HRI), Department of Water Affairs in South Africa (1985-1990), Professor for Geohydrology at the University of Bonn (1990-1994), and Principal Hydrologist at the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo, Sri Lanka (2002-2003). His research and teaching are about hydrological system analysis, process based rainfall-runoff modelling, climate change impact, and integrated land and water resources management (ILWRM). He undertook 93 interdisciplinary research projects in Southern Africa, Brazil, Europe and South Asia, supervised 96 MSc theses, 24 PhD, has authorship in more than 120 publications, and the development of the Integrated Land Management System (ILMS). Dr. Nayan Sharma is a Professor in IIT Roorkee teaching river engineering and hydraulic structures. Earlier, he was a professional engineer for flood control and irrigation in Brahmaputra basin. He has supervised 160 M.Tech theses, 19 PhD with 132 publications, and is a member of 62 national & international technical committees. He undertook 72 consulting and 9 National & International Research Projects. He edited Springer and INCID books. He has received the Indo-Swiss Bilateral Research Award as Visiting Professor in Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne. He has delivered talks in The Imperial College London, Southampton University, Edinburgh University, EPFL Lausanne, Iowa University, IST Lisbon, Dr. K. L. Rao Memorial Lecture in 26th Nat. Conv. of Civ. Eng., Institution of Engineers (India), and Engineers Conclave-2014. He has researched on new Piano Key Weir technology for dam safety & in-stream storage as adaptation measure for climate change, and implementing RCC Jack Jetty for channelizing Ganga reach.
- Author(s)Nayan Sharma,Wolfgang-Albert Flugel
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight387 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.