All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdopting a didactic approach at an advanced, masters level, this concise textbook provides an array of questions & answers and features numerous industrial case studies and examples, with references for further, more detailed reading and to the latest peer-reviewed articles at the end of each chapter. A significant feature is the book's treatment of more recently developed catalytic processes and their applications in the pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries, with an indication of their present and future commercial impact. Written by a dedicated lecturer with a wealth of experience in industry, this is an invaluable tool for practicing chemical engineers and chemists who need to advance their education in this vibrant and expanding field.
- Author BiographyArno Behr was born in 1952 in Aachen, Germany. He received his Diploma in chemistry from RWTH Aachen University and fi nished his PhD in 1979 under supervision of Prof. Willi Keim. After being employed at Henkel KGaA he is a full Professor of Technical Chemistry at Dortmund University, Germany since 1996. Since 35 years his research interests cover homogeneous transition-metal catalysis, conversion of petrochemicals and renewables and catalyst recycling. During the last 30 years he became an experienced lecturer, held GDCh- and Dechema lectures and was involved in several advanced master and PhD courses. Peter Neubert was born in 1981 in Castrop-Rauxel, Germany. He studied chemistry at Technische Universitat Dortmund, Germany and Bergen University, Norway. He received his diploma in 2009 under the supervision of Professor Arno Behr. He is currently a doctoral candidate in the same group. His current research deals with the catalytic conversion of C5 materials and the development of recycling concepts in homogeneous catalysis.
- Author(s)Arno Behr,Axel Brehm,Peter Neubert
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1464 g
- Width172 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.