Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by mybookstoreonline
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook offers a complete course in applied macroecomics at the intermediate level that emphasizes the application of ecomic theory to real-world data and policy. Topics covered include national and international income, financial accounts, business cycles, financial markets, ecomic growth, labor markets, aggregate supply and demand, inflation, and monetary and fiscal policy. The text is unique in developing a detailed toolkit of elementary statistics and graphical techniques for ecomic data. A strength is its detailed treatment of national and international financial markets and the institutions of monetary and fiscal policy, which makes it especially helpful in understanding recent ecomic crises. The website for the text is found at http://www.appliedmacroecomics.com.
- Author BiographyKevin D. Hoover is Professor of Economics and Philosophy at Duke University. A graduate of the College of William and Mary, he received his doctorate from the University of Oxford. He developed his interest in applied macroeconomics early in his career while working at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Before moving to Duke, Hoover taught economics at the University of California, Davis, and at Oxford. He is the author of The New Classical Macroeconomics (1988), Causality in Macroeconomics (Cambridge University Press, 2001) and The Methodology of Empirical Macroeconomics (Cambridge University Press, 2001), as well as nine edited volumes and more than 100 academic articles on macroeconomics, monetary economics, econometrics, the methodology and philosophy of economics, and the history of economic thought. He is past chairman of the International Network for Economic Method, the past president of the History of Economics Society and a former editor of the Journal of Economic Methodology. He is currently the editor of the journal History of Political Economy and a Fellow of the Center for the History of Political Economy at Duke University.
- Author(s)Kevin D. Hoover
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note216 b/w illus. 55 tables
- Weight1580 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.