All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the observable phemena in the empirical sciences are of a multivariate nature. In financial studies, assets are observed simultaneously and their joint development is analysed to better understand general risk and to track indices. In medicine recorded observations of subjects in different locations are the basis of reliable diagses and medication. In quantitative marketing consumer preferences are collected in order to construct models of consumer behavior. The underlying data structure of these and many other quantitative studies of applied sciences is multivariate. Focusing on applications this book presents the tools and concepts of multivariate data analysis in a way that is understandable for n-mathematicians and practitioners who need to analyze statistical data. The book surveys the basic principles of multivariate statistical data analysis and emphasizes both exploratory and inferential statistics. All chapters have exercises that highlight applications in different fields. The third edition of this book on Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis offers the following new features * A new Chapter on Regression Models has been added* All numerical examples have been redone, updated and made reproducible in MATLAB or R, see www.quantlet.org for a repository of quantlets.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Karl Hardle is Professor of Statistics at the Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin and the Director of CASE - the Centre for Applied Statistics and Economics. He teaches quantitative finance and semi-parametric statistical methods. His research focuses on dynamic factor models, multivariate statistics in finance and computational statistics. He is an elected member of the ISI and an advisor to the Guanghua School of Management, Peking University and to National Central University, Taiwan. Leopold Simar is Professor of Statistics at Universite de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. He is teaching mathematical statistics, multivariate analysis, bootstrap methods in statistics and econometrics. His research focuses on non-parametric and semi-parametric methods and bootstrap techniques in statistics and econometrics. He is an elected member of the ISI and the past President of the Belgian Statistical Society.
- Author(s)Leopold Simar,Wolfgang Karl Hardle
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Out-of-print date12/03/2015
- Content Note396 black & white illustrations, 28 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight813 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.