Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, which is a sort of walk into various disciplines of physics, is mainly intended to arouse the curiosity of readers in the applied version of physics. The book will meet the requirements of the UG students of various technical universities. The lucid and interesting presentation of the subject with good and illustrative examples will fulfill the quest of kwing the subject better. Salient Features:* A precise, lucid and organized approach to all the topics.* All the chapters start from an elementary level, which facilitates the readers who are t well versed. * Subject matter is supported with cogent illustrations, which make it interesting and easy to understand. * Fully-worked examples are given after every article to relate and build the concepts.* Highly focused short answer/reasoning type questions are given after each chapter to promote comprehension.* Descriptive type questions of general nature are given at the end of each chapter. * Brief biographies of eminent contributors to Physics are included to provide historical development. The book will also be useful for the students taking various competitive examinations.
- Author BiographyKshamata Muktavat obtained her Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Dr. Muktavat has been a gold medalist in her postgraduation from University of Roorkee, Roorkee. She has taught physics at the undergraduate as well as the postgraduate levels under distinguished universities. Her teaching interests specifically involve quantum mechanics, atomic and molecular spectroscopy and applied physics. She has carried out extensive research in the field of atomic and molecular collision physics and has published many research papers in various international and national journals of repute. At present, she is Assistant Professor in C.I.E.T., Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab. Dr. Muktavat's research interests include the radiations from quantum dots. A.K. Upadhyaya is a scientist in Radio & Atmospheric Sciences Division of National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi. He obtained his M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Since decade he is involved in upper atmospheric research. His research interests include Airglow Emissions, MLT dynamics, Space Weather and Climate at Terrestrial Planets, Equatorial and Low Latitude ionospheric Irregularities. He is also an approved faculty of Physics from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
- Author(s)A. K. Upadhyaya,Kshamata Muktavat
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.