All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.02
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to applied research, featuring original data and detailed case studies Applied Research Methods in Public and Nonprofit Organizations takes an integrative approach to applied research, emphasizing design, data collection, and analysis. Common case studies across chapters illustrate the everyday nature of research, and practical exercises reinforce concepts across all sections of the text. The book includes forms and formats for data collection and analysis, plus writing excerpts that demonstrate results reporting and presentation. The accompanying instructor's guide features assignments, discussion questions, and exercises referenced in the book, and the authors' own data sets are available for use online. Conducting research, analyzing results, and synthesizing the findings for key stakeholders is fundamental to the study and practice of public and nprofit management. Aligned with management curriculum for both sectors, the book focuses on the common ground these organizations share when it comes to planning, conducting, and using research in day-to-day professional activities. The original research examples presented are in the context of this shared commonality, including resource acquisition, evaluative processes, and future planning through the lens of common social policy issues facing leaders today. Topics include: * The research process and applied research designs * Applied research questions and literature * Data collection in the field and survey research * Data analysis, writing, and presentation The examples highlight intergovernmental institutions in which public service occurs, and provide expanded reach to nprofit organizations and the networked collaborations that make up a significant portion of today's public service. For students and practitioners of public administration, public policy, and nprofit management, Applied Research Methods in Public and Nonprofit Organizations provides a comprehensive reference to this critical skillset.
- Author BiographyMITCHELL BROWN, PD, is Associate Professor at Auburn University, Department of Political Science. Brown is Co-Director (with Kathleen Hale) of the Community Governance Research Project. KATHLEEN HALE, J.D., PD, is Associate Professor and M.P.A. Director at Auburn University, Department of Political Science. Hale is author of How Information Matters: Networks and Public Policy Innovation.
- Author(s)Kathleen Hale,Mitchell Brown
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width179 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.