All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApplied Research in Hydraulics and Heat Flow covers modern subjects of mechanical engineering such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and flow control in complex systems as well as new aspects related to mechanical engineering education. The chapters help to enhance the understanding of both the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and their application to the solution of problems in modern industry. The book includes the most popular applications-oriented approach to engineering fluid mechanics and heat transfer. It offers a clear and practical presentation of all basic principles of fluid mechanics and heat transfer, tying theory directly to real devices and systems used in mechanical and chemical engineering. It presents new procedures for problem-solving and design, including measurement devices and computational fluid mechanics and heat transfer. This book is suitable for students, both in upper-level undergraduate and graduate mechanical engineering courses. The book also serves as a useful reference for academics, hydraulic engineers, and professionals in fields related to mechanical engineering who want to review basic principles and their applications in hydraulic engineering systems. This fundamental treatment of engineering hydraulics balances theory with practical design solutions to common engineering problems. The authors examine the most common topics in hydraulics, including hydrostatics, pipe flow, pipelines, pipe networks, pumps, hydraulic structures, water measurement devices, and hydraulic similitude and model studies. A glossary of terms, case studies, list of abbreviations, and recent references are included.
- Author BiographyKaveh Hariri Asli, PhD, is a professional mechanical engineer with over 30 years of experience in practicing mechanical engineering design and teaching. He is an author of over 50 articles and reports in the fields of fluid mechanics, hydraulics, automation, and control systems. Dr. Hariri has consulted for a number of major corporations. Soltan Ali Ogli Aliyev, PhD, is deputy director of the Department of Mathematics and Mechanics at the National Academy of Science of Azerbaijan (AMEA) in Baku, Azerbaijan. He served as a professor at several universities. He is the author and editor of several books as well as of a number of papers published in various journals and conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Hossein Hariri Asli,Kasra Motlaghzadeh,Kaveh Hariri Asli,Reza Khodaparast Haghi,Soltan Ali Ogli Aliyev
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note119 black & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.