All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights the extraordinary range of areas to which geographical analysis and spatial modelling can bring lessons and insights. It shows how these techniques have been used to address 'real world' issues that are of concern to international organisations, public agencies and businesses as illustrated by actual funded projects that geographers have developed collaboratively with end-users. Applied Spatial Modelling and Planning shows how much geographical research is policy relevant to a wide variety of agencies through the use of GIS and spatial modelling in applied geography. The book's chapters contain a cross section of invative applications and approaches to problem solving within five major domains of the dynamics of ecomic space, housing and settlements, population movements and population ageing, health care, and the environment. Using a number of case studies on the use of GIS and spatial modelling, this book demonstrates the fact that much of what is done by quantitative geographers is t only relevant within academia, but also has use in policy work. This book will appeal to an international audience interested in cutting-edge spatial-modelling to better understand the processes involved in solving real problems.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Lombard is an Associate Professor in the School of Public Service at Old Dominion University, USA. Eliahu Stern is Professor of Geography and Planning at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel. Graham Clarke is Professor of Business Geography at the University of Leeds, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Regional Economics, Science and Policy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 68 black & white tables, 24 black & white halftones, 74 black & white line drawings
- Weight740 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byEli Stern,Graham Clarke,John Lombard
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.