All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook teaches crucial statistical methods to answer research questions using a unique range of statistical software programs, including MINITAB and R. This textbook is developed for undergraduate students in agriculture, nursing, biology and biomedical research. Graduate students will also find it to be a useful way to refresh their statistics skills and to reference software options. The unique combination of examples is approached using MINITAB and R for their individual strengths. Subjects covered include among others data description, probability distributions, experimental design, regression analysis, randomized design and biological assay. Unlike other biostatistics textbooks, this text also includes outliers, influential observations in regression and an introduction to survival analysis. Material is taken from the author's extensive teaching and research in Africa, USA and the UK. Sample problems, references and electronic supplementary material accompany each chapter.
- Author BiographyBayo Lawal is Professor of Statistics at Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State Nigeria. He received his B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Mathematics from the Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria and his Master's degree in Biometry from the University of Reading, UK. His Ph.D. in Statistics is from the University of Essex, UK. Professor Lawal has taught for several years at the University of Ilorin, Nigeria, St Cloud State University, St Cloud, MN, Temple University in Philadelphia, USA. He was a visiting professor in the department of Biometry and Epidemiology (now department of Biostatistics) at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC between 2009 and 2000. He also served as chair of the Departments of Statistics at St Cloud State University, MN, USA and at the University of Ilorin in Nigeria. He has also served as Dean of the School of Sciences, Auburn University at Montgomery between 2004 and 2008 as well as the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, and Interim Academic Vice-President at the America University of Nigeria, Yola, Nigeria between 2008 and 2011. He is currently serving as head of the Department of Statistics and Mathematical Sciences at Kwara State University, Malete, Nigeria.
- Author(s)Bayo Lawal
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note475 black & white illustrations, 61 colour illustrations, 505 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1412 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.