All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApplied Statistics in Business and Ecomics provides real meaning to the use of statistics in the real world by using real business situations and real data while appealing students to kw the why rather than just the how. Four distinct objectives have been met to follow this premise: Objective 1: Communicate the Meaning of Variation in a Business Context, Objective 2: Use Real Data and Real Business Applications, Objective 3: Incorporate Current Statistical Practices and Offer Practical Advice, and, Objective 4: Provide More In-Depth Explanation of the Why and Let the Software Take Care of the How. The emphasis of the 5th edition remains the same: thinking about data, choosing appropriate analytic tools, using computers effectively, and recognizing limitations of statistics.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Doane is Professor of Quantitative Methods in Oakland University's Department of Decision and Information Sciences. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics and economics at the University of Kansas and his PhD from Purdue University's Krannert Graduate School. Lori E. Seward is an Instructor in the Decisions Sciences Department in the College of Business at The University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center. She earned her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Industrial Engineering at Virginia Tech. After several years working as a reliability and quality engineer in the paper and automotive industries, she earned her PhD from Virginia Tech.
- Author(s)David P. Doane,Lori E. Seward
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1773 g
- Width218 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.