All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about helping coaches coach. Applying Educational Psychology in Coaching Athletes discusses how to improve coaching success and athletic performance through the application of teaching principles and theories. Delving deeper than simply offering an explanation of what athletes learn and what coaches teach, it provides insight into the principles of psychology that drive the emotions, motivation, expectations, self-worth and relationships of athletes. It also looks at how those same psychological principles can be applied to the motor learning process and the improvement of sport expertise and coaching success. By considering the theories that drive success, developing coaches gain focus, motivation and guidance as they learn how a thoughtful coach provides the structure and discipline to make athletes more successful on the field of play.
- Author BiographyJeffrey J. Huber, PhD, is head diving coach and an adjunct assistant professor in the departments of counselling and educational psychology, and kinesiology at Indiana University. Huber has taught courses in educational psychology to both undergraduates and postgraduates of teaching and coaching courses. A collegiate coach for over 35 years, Huber has been the recipient of the Big Ten, NCAA, USA and USOC National Coach of the Year awards. Huber was named the U.S. National Coach of the Year 11 times and has served as U.S. coach for the Sydney (2000), Athens (2004) and Beijing (2008) Olympic Games.
- Author(s)Jeffrey J. Huber
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight998 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.