All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionRecent advances in high-throughput gene sequencing and other omics biotechlogies have served as a springboard for the field of pharmacogemics. Pharmacogemics is w generally accepted as the major determinant of variable drug safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness. Therefore, widespread use of pharmacogemics for patient care has become a critical requirement. There is an unprecedented urgency for aspiring and practicing clinicians to become trained on how to interpret data from pharmacogemic testing in preparation for the future of healthcare-i.e., personalized medicine. Applying Pharmacogemics in Therapeutics provides timely coverage of the principles, practice, and potential of pharmacogemics and personalized medicine. Comprised of chapters contributed by well-established pharmacologists and scientists from US and Chinese academia and industry, this authoritative text: * Demonstrates how to apply the principles of pharmacogemics and its biotechlogies in patient care * Depicts the use of genetic biomarkers in drug discovery and development, laboratory medicine, and clinical services * Describes the practice of pharmacogemics in the treatment of cancers, cardiovascular diseases, neurologic and psychiatric disorders, and pulmonary diseases * Discusses the merging of pharmacogemics and alternative medicine, as well as the integration of pharmacogemics into pharmacoecomics Each chapter begins with the key concepts, followed by in-depth explorations of case reports or critical evaluations of genetic variants/biomarkers, and concludes with questions for self-examination.
- Author BiographyXiaodong Feng, PhD, PharmD, began his biomedical research career 19 years ago in the Wound Healing Center, Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York, USA. He then served for four years as assistant professor in the Department of Dermatology at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA. Currently, Dr. Feng is professor of Pharmacology and Oncology, and Associate Dean at California Northstate University College of Medicine, Elk Grove, USA; clinical pharmacist at Sutter Davis Hospital, California, USA; and oncology pharmacy specialist at Dignity Health Medical Foundation, Rancho Cordova, California, USA. Hong-Guang Xie, MD, PhD, earned his degrees from Central South University Xiangya School of Medicine, Changsha, China, was promoted to lecturer, and then to associate professor of pharmacology. Subsequently, he served as co-founder and associate director of the Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Changsha, China; postdoctoral research fellow and faculty research instructor at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA; staff research fellow at the University of California Washington Center, DC, USA; and Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) fellow for the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA). Dr. Xie is currently full professor of pharmacology and chief of the General Clinical Research Center, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, China.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHong-Guang Xie,Xiaodong Feng
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.