All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionHuman-Computer Interaction (HCI) is an interdisciplinary field that has gained recognition as an important field in ergomics. HCI draws on ideas and theoretical concepts from computer science, psychology, industrial design, and other fields. Human-Computer Interaction is longer limited to trained software users. Today people interact with various devices such as mobile phones, tablets, and laptops. How can you make such interaction user friendly, even when user proficiency levels vary? This book explores methods for assessing the psychological complexity of computer-based tasks. It also presents methods of qualitative and quantitative analysis of exploratory activity during interaction with a computer.
- Author BiographyGregory Bedny presently resides in Wayne, NJ. He works as a Research Associate at Evolute, Inc. in Louisville, Kentucky. He is an American citizen who emigrated from the former Soviet where he earned his Doctorate Degree (PhD) in Industrial Organizational Psychology from the Educational University of Moscow and a Post-Doctorate Degree (ScD) in Experimental Psychology from the Institute of General and Educational Psychology, National Pedagogical Academy of Science of USSR. He also is Academician of the International Academy of Human Problems in Aviation and Astronautics in Russia and Honorary Doctorate in Science, Ukrainian State University. For his achievements in psychology he has been awarded the Medal of the Ukrainian National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences. He is the author of five original scholarly books, the latest of which were published in USA. The first one was co-authors with Dr David Meister in the US in 1997. This book published by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. The second book was co-authored with Dr. Karwowski in the US in 2007. This book published by Taylor and Francis Group. He also is the co-editor of two books published by Taylor and Francis Group in 2008 and 2011. He was invited editor of journal Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, V-5, #3, 2004. In former Soviet Union he worked as Industrial Engineer of Food Processing Machinery Factory, Industrial Psychologist in Industrial Research and Consulting Institute. After receiving his doctorate degrees he worked as associate and then full professor in Construction Engineering State University, in Marines Postgraduate School (part time), Pedagogical University in Odessa, Ukraine. He is author of different textbooks for universities in former Soviet Union. Dr Bedny has been conducting research on general and systemic-structural activity theory for the past 25 years. Systemic-structural activity theory is high level generality theory from which derived unified and standardize methods of study human work. He is the author of multiple articles in this field. He applied his theoretical study in field of human-computer interaction, manufacturing, merchant marines, robots systems, work motivation, training, reducing fatigue etc. Waldemar Karwowski, Ph.D., D.Sc., P.E. is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Systems at the University of Central Florida, USA. He is also Executive Director, Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida. He holds an M.S. (1978) in Production Engineering and Management from the Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland, and a Ph.D. (1982) in Industrial Engineering from Texas Tech University, USA. He was awarded D.Sc. (dr habil.) degree in management science by the State Institute for Organization and Management in Industry, Poland (2004). He also received Honorary Doctorate degrees from three European universities. He is past President of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (2007), and Past President of the International Ergonomics Association (2000-2003).Dr. Karwowski served on the Committee on Human Systems Integration, National Research Council, the National Academies, USA (2007-2011). He is a Co-Editor of the Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing journal, and Editor-in-Chief of Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science journal. He is an author or editor of over 400 scientific publications in the areas of human systems integration, cognitive engineering, activity theory, systems engineering, human-computer interaction, fuzzy logic and neuro-fuzzy modeling, applications of nonlinear dynamics to human performance, and neuroergonomics. Dr. I. S. Bedny is a computer professional with Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology. She is doing research applying SSAT to Human Computer interaction. She is the author or co-author of over 10 scientific publications in the field of HCI.
- Author(s)Gregory Z. Bedny,Inna Bedny,Waldemar Karwowski
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.