All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year 2004 marked the fiftieth anniversary of the Merrill-Palmer Quarterly: A Journal of Developmental Psychology, providing an occasion to celebrate the journal's heritage and its long history of scholarly contributions to its field. This volume celebrates this milestone by bringing together twenty-three distinguished essays that showcase past accomplishments, current progress, and future challenges in the human developmental sciences. The essays presented in this volume offer perspectives on many of the research domains and specialty areas that have been prominent in MPQ's history. Accordingly, chapters are organized around ten conceptual themes, including methodological and interpretive considerations, cognitive development and learning, temperament and emotional development, children's social development and peer relations, family relations, moral development, the nature-nurture debate and behavioral genetics, cultural psychology, early child care and school-readiness, and evidence-based programming and public policy. In addition, an introductory chapter provides a historical overview of MPQ, examining the events, persons, institutional forces, and publication trends that brought the journal into existence and have contributed to its success and longevity. These commentaries are accessible and of interest to all who work with infants, children, adolescents, and families. As a result, this volume will appeal to researchers and professionals alike.
- Author BiographyGary W. Ladd is professor of psychology and family and human development at Arizona State University.
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAuthor Gary W Ladd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.