All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a symposium on the theme 'Islam and the History of Religions', this important work features thoughtful essays on the study of Islam. In essays organized around five themes in religious studies, the scholars in this volume call for an increase in the attention given to Islam as part of religious studies and for greater clarity in our understanding both of Islam and of religion in terms of Islam. Influential and powerful, when first published in 1985, this text helped bring about the transition of Islamic studies from Orientalism and area studies to religious studies.
- Author BiographyRichard C. Martin is the principle author of Defenders of Reason in Islam, also published by Oneworld, and of other books and numerous articles on approaches to understanding Islamic religious phenomena. He is Professor of History of Religions and Islamic Studies at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Charles J. Adams
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication26/03/2001
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRichard C. Martin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.