All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionApproaches to Meaning in Music presents a survey of the problems and issues inherent in pursuing meaning and signification in music, and attempts to rectify the conundrums that have plagued philosophers, artists, and theorists since the time of Pythagoras. This collection brings together essays that reflect a variety of diverse perspectives on approaches to musical meaning. Established music theorists and musicologists cover topics including musical aspect and temporality, collage, borrowing and association, musical symbols and creative mythopoesis, the articulation of silence, the mutual interaction of cultural and music-artistic phemena, and the analysis of gesture. Contributors are Byron Almen, J. Peter Burkholder, Nicholas Cook, Robert S. Hatten, Patrick McCreless, Jann Pasler, and Edward Pearsall.
- Author BiographyByron Almen is Assistant Professor of Music Theory at The University of Texas at Austin and an accomplished pianist and organist. Edward Pearsall is Assistant Professor of Music at The University of Texas at Austin and is known internationally as a performer, composer, and scholar.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusical Meaning & Interpretation
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note10 b&w illus.
- Weight585 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byByron Almen,Edward Pearsall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.