All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionDeuteromy's command to restrict cultic practice to one chosen place has occupied a central position in scholars' understandings of the book and their reconstruction of Israelite political and religious history. The debates about the date of Deuteromy, its proposed connections to Josiah's reform , and, most profoundly, the Deuteromistic History (DH) hypothesis have dominated study of the idea of chosen place . These debates have, to a large extent, determined how we read Deuteromy and the Former Prophets in general. Through a reading of key texts from these corpora, this book provides a new, textually grounded, perspective of the chosen place.
- Author BiographyRannfrid Thelle is an independent scholar working in Wichita, Kansas, USA. Her background is from the University of Oslo and she has previously published, Ask God: Divine Consultation in the Literature of the Hebrew Bible (2002).
- Author(s)Rannfrid I. Thelle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight365 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.