All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDisability Studies is an area of study which examines social, political, cultural, and ecomic factors that define 'disability' and establish personal and collective responses to difference. This insightful new text will introduce readers to the discipline of Disability Studies and enable them to engage in the lively debates within the field. By offering an accessible yet rigorous approach to Disability Studies, the authors provide a critical analysis of key current issues and consider ways in which the subject can be studied through national and international perspectives, policies, culture and history. Key debates include: * The relationship between activism and the academy * Ways to study cultural and media representations of disability * The importance of disability history and how societies can change * National and international perspectives on children, childhood and education * Political perspectives on disability and identity * The place of the body in disability theory This text offers real-world examples of topics that are important to debates and offers a much needed truly international scope on the questions at hand. It is an essential read for any individual studying, practising or with an interest in Disability Studies.
- Author BiographyRebecca Mallett is Senior Lecturer in Education and Disability Studies, Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Katherine Runswick-Cole is Senior Research Fellow in Disability Studies and Psychology, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Katherine Runswick-Cole,Rebecca Mallett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.