All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApproximate Global Convergence and Adaptivity for Coefficient Inverse Problems is the first book in which two new concepts of numerical solutions of multidimensional Coefficient Inverse Problems (CIPs) for a hyperbolic Partial Differential Equation (PDE) are presented: Approximate Global Convergence and the Adaptive Finite Element Method (adaptivity for brevity). Two central questions for CIPs are addressed: How to obtain a good approximations for the exact solution without any kwledge of a small neighborhood of this solution, and how to refine it given the approximation. The book also combines analytical convergence results with recipes for various numerical implementations of developed algorithms. The developed technique is applied to two types of blind experimental data, which are collected both in a laboratory and in the field. The result for the blind backscattering experimental data collected in the field addresses a real world problem of imaging of shallow explosives.
- Author(s)Larisa Beilina,Michael Victor Klibanov
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight795 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.