All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLuis Goytisolo's epic vel, Antagonia, whose four volumes contain a theory of kwledge, engages the reader in a dialogue about the life experience and the meaning and creation of reality. Approximations to Luis Goytisolo's 'Antagonia' examines the symbols, images, and narrative structures that link the vel into a complex whole. These devices build upon one ather, acquiring ever-greater complexity as layers of meaning and associations are added. In the end, however, they collapse into a richly dense and surprisingly simple fact: humans always experience the world around them from a unique and individual point of view, yet they are always connected to a broad, collective web of energy that perpetuates the life cycle. This book will be of interest to scholars of Goytisolo's work as well as to those reading his vel for the first time.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Pamela J. DeWeese is Professor of Spanish at Sweet Briar College in Virginia where she teaches courses in language and contemporary literature and culture. She received her Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. DeWeese is the author of several articles on various aspects of Luis Goytisolo's work and serves on the International Committee of the Luis Goytisolo Foundation based in El Puerto de Santa Maria, Spain.
- Author(s)Pamela J. DeWeese
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- Series TitleWor(L)Ds of Change: Latin American and Iberian Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight430 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.