Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.18+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the creator of Little Red Hood...Meet April. A young goldifsh seeking worldy adventures. And the meaning of life. Marjolaine Leray's iconic red scribbles are back! From the same author-illustrator as the best-selling and much reviewed Little Red Hood, comes this exceptionally clever, witty and oh so stylish tale of a young fish's search for meaning of life and what means to be trapped in one's own goldfish bowl.April the Red Goldfish is t a book for very young children; it is a picturebook for older children with huge crossover teenage / adult gift appeal. For any young person desperate to fly the nest or about to embark on their first solo travels, this little fish could be the perfect gift. - REVIEWS - Philosophical and about overcoming. A wide-eyed goldfish, April, is searching for the meaning of life . There is a particularly comic spread in which April, fearing that life has meaning, contemplates rows of empty goldfish bowls, with a fish skeleton at the bottom of the last one. Leray's piquant wit is everywhere and when April dreams of taming wild animals, the beast on show is, plainly, a yellow rubber duck. (For tormented sophisticates of all ages.) -- Kate Kellaway, OBSERVER. Surreal, scribbled account of teen goldfish's angst-ridden rebellion. Disconcertingly funny -- Imogen Russel Williams, METRO The story of this soul-searching goldfish is witty and droll, particularly because goldfish are often seen as the most insignificant and pointless pets. This yearning to break the mould of expectations is a recurrent theme in Leray's work, as is her minimalist palette, predominantly of red and black and her scribbly artwork. But as a picturebook for older readers, it will undoubtedly speak to those teens who feel that they are t completely comfortable with their place in the world and are yearning for something more -- LIBRARY MICE. An expressively drawn, very red story about a gloomy goldfish, with some fine jokes -- Lorna Bradbury, THE TELEGRAPH. Marjolaine Leray returns with her trademark red scribbles in this exceptionally clever, witty and stylish tale of a young fish's search for the meaning of life and what it means to be trapped in one's own goldfish bowl -- LANCASHIRE EVENING POST. April The Red Goldfish is a wickedly funny tale, crammed full of wit and personality...A triumph. -- THE ILLUSTRATED FOREST
- Author BiographyMarjolaine Leray is the author and illustrator of Little Red Hood.
- Author(s)Marjolaine Leray
- PublisherPhoenix Yard Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix Yard Books
- Content Note40
- Weight295 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated bySarah Ardizzone
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.74Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $26.61Trending at AU $30.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.