All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.89
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
About this product
- DescriptionLong before April Somerfield found out about her family curse, each of the daughters who came before her had to face it as well. This collection of short fiction tells the stories of six generations of women in April's family tree, spanning two centuries and a rich variety of settings: A high school reporter about to scoop a decades-old secret... A new mother learning that beauty comes with a cost... A confident fourth grader facing bullies for the first time... A pair of sisters trying to break into the silent film industry... A guilt-ridden mother about to give birth in a frontier town... A daughter seeking the strength to start over on her own... This companion book to Ugly Stick offers a range of perspectives on family, friendship, and the true meaning of beauty.
- Author BiographyJoy Givens resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with her fantastic husband David, their remarkable son Joshua, and their impossibly lovable dog Riley. Joy tutors high school students and is currently pursuing a master's degree in higher education. She is also a grammar ninja, Dickens fan-girl, a cappella enthusiast, and coffee addict.
- Author(s)Joy Givens
- PublisherTributaries Press LLC
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTributaries Press LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.